“Find out all you can about your prospects before you call on them: their general living conditions, wealth, profession, hobbies, friends, and so on. Every hour spent in this kind of research will help you impress your prospect.” –David Ogilvy
Because getting to know your prospect is a critical part of your marketing.
In fact, I’d go so far as to say that it is the number one secret to writing a successful promotion.
When you know who you are selling to, you can create a specific marketing campaign that gets past your prospects’ natural resistance to selling. It allows you to match what you are selling to what they want.
You can increase sales and give your promotion an edge over competitors who don’t take the time to know and understand your prospect.
Plus you’ll be able to connect with your prospects and customers on a deeper level –which means not only will you be able to sell to them, you’ll be able to turn them into loyal customers in the long-run.
The tricky part is that when you are selling online or through direct mail, you can’t see who you are talking to. You can’t see their age or gender or what car they are driving like you would if you were selling to them face to face.
So what do you need to understand and look for? There are multiple layers to your prospect…
- • This covers things such as your prospect’s age, gender, income, and education. For instance, you might uncover that your ideal prospect is male, aged 40-50 years old, earns $100,000, and has a 4-year college degree.
- • This digs into where your prospects live such as the city, state, and country. This can be broken down even further to specific neighborhoods or types of areas, for instance, rural vs. city.
- • Here’s where you dig into your target market’s attitudes, values, beliefs, and lifestyles. What they desire and what keeps them up at night. What their religious, political and other beliefs are and so forth.
Learn all you can about the people you are selling to. Find out what makes them tick. Because if you want people to buy your products and services, you have to know what makes them motivated and what will make them take action.
P.S. We have something very exciting that will be launching at SuperConference and you won’t want to miss it…
And since you’re a valued member of our community I want to give you an IRRESISTIBLE offer to attend.
You may have recently seen that we’ve added a brand new event The Entrepreneurs Pep Rally and Tailgate Party…we even hired the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders to crank up the FUN factor! There will also be food, tailgate games, and music!
You won’t want to miss that on Wednesday night.
- • Starting on Thursday we have a jam-packed line up of speakers that will help you grow your business in 2020 and beyond.
- • Dallas Cowboys Hall Of Fame Quarterback Roger Staubach will be a keynote speaker and talk about no only his success as an NFL QB, Hall Of Fame & Heisman Trophy Winner…but how he built a fortune with his real estate company.
- • Carey Smith of Big Ass Fans will share how he built a massive company using outrageous marketing to sell huge industrial fans and how he exited the company a few years ago selling for nearly 600 million!
- • Adam Witty and Lee Milteer will be presenting how to Become a Renegade Millionaire: How to Implement Dan Kennedy’s 6-Pillar Renegade Millionaire System into Your Business and Life to Create Freedom, Autonomy, and the Business and Life of Your Dream.
- • We also have our first ever Professional Practices Pre-Day event where we have separate tracks for Dentists, Financial Services, Orthodontics, and Lawyers. These presentations will be by some of our most successful members including David Phelps, Jamie Reynolds, Ron Robins, Curt Whipple, and Robert Sofia.
- • We’ll also have the Diamond Members event and so much more.
You can check it all out at https://superconference20.com/