You should already have in mind your ideal customer. A picture of the kind of person that you want your marketing efforts to attract. Now you’re ready to dig in deeply to figure out exactly what it is you’re going to offer them…
Now what you offer them is NOT the same thing as what your business does.
This is a KEY distinction.
For example, you may run a Pizza shop. You make pizzas. But that’s NOT what you’re promoting in this program. You’re not promoting that you provide the tastiest pizza joint in town, with secret sauce prepared by Grandma DiPietro from the old country and handed down generation to generation…. and you can find us on the corner of such-and-such under the happy fat blinking neon pizza maker sign…
Nope. That’s BRAND advertising and it isn’t what this article is about.
Instead, what you’ll be promoting is a specific something… a combination of features and benefits and scarcity and guarantee, that’s precisely matched to your target customer. A something SO perfectly matched to their wants, needs, dreams, and pain that it’s practically IMPOSSIBLE to resist.
Dan Kennedy calls that special something a WIDGET.
- For a Pizza joint it could be as simple as TWO PIZZAS + DOUBLE CHEESE + 60 MIN FREE DELIVERY + AT HALF PRICE + ORDER WITHIN 48 HOURS
- For a Dentist, it could be something like 7 POINT ORAL CONSULTATION + TEETH CLEANING + $49 FLAT FEE + NO PAIN GUARANTEED + SIGN UP BEFORE JUNE 1st.
- For a Hotel, it could be 3-NIGHT/2 DAY ACCOMMODATIONS + 2 ROUNDS GOLF + 4 DRINKS / 2 DINNERS + $197 TOTAL + RESERVE IN 10 DAYS.
Those components make up a specific WIDGET … how you write that out in words is your OFFER.
And this is very important:
As you describe your offer in your sales material, you need to focus 90% on the outcome that the people listening to you will experience when they work with you.
It’s not about the specific method of delivery – i.e., 12 calls, 3 CDs, online videos, webinars, etc. These are all good, but they are means to an end.
What matters most is the transformation their listeners are going to experience after working with you.
And most important of all…
Your Offer Should Fill Every Gap Your Prospects Still Need
This is the killer, $20,000 tip you’ll use in constructing your offer…
Every item in your offer is exactly what your prospect will need in order to implement all the steps you’re going to lay out in your Lead Generation Magnet.
- So if you say something like: “You need to stay in contact with each customer every month through a fun and informative client newsletter”…
- Your offer would include… “Our easy to use, incredibly persuasive, customizable client newsletter that’s both fun and informative, makes it easy to stay in contact with each and every customer.”
Having your offer in place gives you the key ammunition you need to turn this simple campaign into a powerful, persuasive tool of total seduction.
It enables you to plant seeds in the minds of your prospects all throughout the process…
… hinting at the transformation they will experience once they’re able to put all these tips, strategies, and actions to use in their own lives and businesses…
… each one leading inexorably to closing the deal. And that’s the name of the game.
The GOAL of this week’s article is to help you craft an IRRESISTIBLE OFFER for your Widget. Once you do this the first time, it’ll be easier the next time and before long a snap. You’ll be creating new offers/widgets left and right.
Step 1: What Is The WIDGET’s Name Or Title?
You want a catchy, benefit-oriented name that stands out and screams “Pay Attention!” (Now remember, this is NOT the title of your Lead Generation Magnet, it’s the title of the CORE program/product/service/a.k.a. WIDGET you’ll be offering as part of this campaign.) Brainstorm at least 7-10 different titles. Let them sit a couple of days. Then come back and pick the one you like best.
Step 2: List 3-5 Key Promises That The WIDGET Will Deliver On
These should link directly to addressing and solving the key problem your ideal customer faces.
Step 3: What Is Your WIDGET’s Big BOLD Promise?
Here’s the major transformation your solution provides – again, tied directly to the KEY problem the customer wants solved. It’s the ultimate outcome the prospect wants to achieve.
Step 4: What Are The Core Components Of Your WIDGET?
List them all – e.g., if it’s a five week coaching program, tell us the key points covered each week. If it’s a software application, tell us the core things that it does.
Step 5: Identify The Key Problem Solved By Each Core Component
Every component needs to work as a piece of the overall solution you’re providing.
Step 6: Identify The Key Take-Away Benefit / Mini-Transformation Provided By Each Component.
Basically, tell the prospect why this component matters to them – a useful phrase to consider when doing this is “… which means to you…” and then describe exactly what it means to them.
Step 7: List Any And All Bonuses
Make sure you also include their associated benefits.
Step 8: What Is Your FINAL Pricing?
How much? Describe payment options like $1 down, 3-pay, discount for pay-in-full, etc.
Step 9: What Is Driving URGENCY In The Offer?
Limited time window of availability? Limits on NUMBER available? Limits on the bonuses? Something to do with the prospect’s condition (i.e., if you’re facing a terminal disease, you’ll act fast to find a cure)?
Step 10: What Is Your WIDGET’s Guarantee?
Make sure this is 100% clear and easy to understand. The best guarantees are those that seem to take away ALL risk on the part of the buyer.
Step 11: Create The Offer Summary
When you have steps 1-10 completed, write down a summary of your offer in 1st person format … just as if it was going to be laid out in an order form.
If you’ve followed the above steps then you should have a fantastic offer, ready and waiting to be implemented.
Next week we’ll be discussing lead generation magnets. What they are and how to use them to increase conversions for your business.
PS: The Magnetic Marketing Fast Implementation Bootcamp is the quickest, most effective way to discover, embrace, and integrate the foundational principles of Magnetic Marketing into your business.
And we’ve got THREE scheduled for 2020, with at least one to close to your neck-o-the-woods.
February 20-21, 2020 in Irvine, CA
July 30-31, 2020 in Tempe, AZ
December 3-4, 2020 in Baltimore, MD
And during this amazing – dare I say FESTIVE – 2-day event, you’ll discover:
- • How to Create A Unique Selling Proposition for your Business guaranteed to make it the clear choice for your customers or prospects.
- • The “8- Direct Response TRIGGERS” proven to DOUBLE or TRIPLE response in all of your marketing.
- • A Step-by-Step process to creating IRRESISTIBLE OFFERs time-after-time that will have prospects whipping out their wallets to buy from YOU.
- • Super simple strategies to driving MASSIVE Amounts of qualified Traffic to your Web Site(s) – making it easy to directly sell your products/services OR promote any kind of business you may ever choose to do.
- • Secrets to BUILDING SQUEEZE PAGES & WEBSITES that Capture Traffic without fail and TRIPLE online sales/conversions.
- • Surefire methods for Productive, PROFITABLE E-mail Marketing… You’ll discover exactly what’s working NOW to get emails opened, read, and acted upon to deliver high value results for your business.
- • How to find the HIDDEN GOLDMINE in your own Customer List (there’s a fortune to be made with just this bit of information alone)
- • The Top 10 No BS Money-Making Rule$ to live by, profit from, and L-O-V-E!
- • Plus examples, tools, templates, case studies, networking, and much more!
Go to www.magneticmarketingbootcamp.com for all the details and to save your seat for what could turn out to be the very best gift you’ll give yourself in 2020.